Skip to main content

Thought Bubble - Careful Where You Step

 

Please be careful of where you are walking. We need to be more mindful and in the present moment as we walk around. That means being mindful of your surroundings and who is there, not paying attention to your cell phone or some other device. If we aren't mindful we can unwittingly gather a lot of negative karma for ourselves.

If you are walking around your home, go around your pets that are laying on the floor instead of stepping over them. The same goes with any person, you do not want to step over them if you can avoid it. This is especially important when it comes to stepping over someone's head. Never step over their head, that is very bad karma and completely disrespectful. That goes for humans, animals and insects, whether indoors or outdoors. It is really difficult to do that with insects, but try if you can. If you cannot avoid stepping over someone then try not to step over their head at least.

Although it can be difficult, we need to try our best not to step on insects that may be in our path. This isn't always easy, but the more we meditate and gain more discipline of our minds, the more we feel the connection with others, including insects. I can be walking down the sidewalk and suddenly my attention shifts to the ground and I will see ants in my path. Once I am clear of the ants my mind shifts back to the walk I am taking. I feel my mind becomes aware of the presence of other living beings and that is why I suddenly find my attention shifting to them, so I do not step on them. My mind is aware that I do not want to step on any insects, so it alerts me when they are present. You can develop this with time and practice. When I go for a walk, I do not have a cellphone or any other device on me. I do not wear earphones or listen to music, so that I can enjoy and be aware of what is going on around me at all times.

If I find I am stepping over insects, which sometimes can not be avoided, then I have a mind of regret for doing it and I apologize to them. This helps to clear up some of the negative karma I would otherwise be creating for myself.

Please work on overcoming your attachment for your cell phones and other devices, so you can become more present, alert and mindful of what is actually happening in your life around you, especially when you are walking or driving anywhere. That is far more important to you, your safety, the safety of others and your spiritual progress, than the latest viral video or some text anyone sends you. By distracting your mind with a cellphone or some other device you are preventing yourself from gaining valuable insight to how your mind works. Being distracted you are more likely to cause harm to others without even being aware of it, or causing a car crash if you are driving. Please be careful. 

You can find the podcast for this here: https://youtu.be/jtiiocJR970

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The God Realm

The god realm is the opposite to the hell realm that we looked at last week. This realm is the most difficult to take rebirth in, whereas hell is the easiest. That is because we have a tendency to be self grasping and do negative actions to benefit ourselves, rather than doing things to benefit others. Society today glorifies selfish, greedy people and ways of living, which exacerbates these tendencies and makes it impossible to take rebirth in a god realm. We need a massive amount of positive karma to be able to be born in a higher realm. This means we have to spend most of, if not all of our time benefiting others, instead of always trying to fulfill our own desires. We need to engage in virtuous actions such as giving, having patience, wishing others to be happy and so forth. The more time we spend helping others the better our chances of being born in the god realm in the future will be. There are three levels of the god realm, which are desire, form and formless. Desire lev...

Avoiding Lower Rebirth Meditation

We want to avoid taking rebirth in one of the lower realms in the future. The suffering in the animal, hungry ghost and hell realms is far worse than what we endure in this human life. We also have no chance to make spiritual progress in those rebirths, as our suffering will be too great to bear. Negative karma causes us to take rebirth in the animal realm, heavier negative karma will cause us to end up in the hungry ghost realm and the heaviest negative karma we engage in will cause us to be born in hell. It is very easy for us to gain negative karma in this very lifetime. Simply squatting a mosquito in anger can create the cause to be reborn in hell. In this life and all our previous lives we have done many bad actions. We know this is true because of the difficulties we go through in our lives now. We need to do our best to change our impulses to behave badly, so we do not give ourselves even more negative karma. We can meditate to make our mind familiar with the danger of doing...

8 Ways to Spot Fake Spiritual Teachers

We live in degenerate times. This means the most popular spirituality is most likely fake spirituality. There are many fake spiritual teachers out there, so be extremely cautious. Some of these fake teachers are knowingly doing this to get rich quick or get famous or sadly, for their own sexual perversions. They are straight up con artists. Some have been tricked by negative entities or spirits and others may be under the influence of what is popular and do not know any better. Some people have made a little bit of spiritual progress and their egos get puffed out of proportion and they think they are spiritual masters, when they know next to nothing. Sadly, the Dunning-Kruger effect is wide-spread during these times and many people think they are far better than they actually are. Please, please, please be careful out there. There is so much trickery going on it is frightening. Here is a list of 8 things to beware of, so you don't get duped by a fake spiritual teacher: They ...